If you have encountered sexual intimidation in your workplace, there is no need to continue to be afraid or embarrassed; DeToffol & Gittleman are New York sexual intimidation attorneys who have experience in handling all kinds of sexual harassment cases. We provide you with the support that you need while defending your rights against sexual harassment. It is important that you know that there is help available for you if you believe you are being illegally targeted.
The Many Forms Of Sexual Intimidation
Sexual intimidation is a type of sexual harassment. It occurs when a person engages in intimidating behaviors or say words for the purpose of intimidating another person in the workplace. These actions are typically offensive due to their sexually inappropriate or otherwise gender-related content.
Both male and female employees may be victims of sexual intimidation and it can take place between people of same or opposite sex. It may be intimidation, which in turn could suggest an act of a superior against a subordinate; however, sexual intimidation can also occur between co-employees.
Some Common Examples Of Sexual Intimidation In The Workplace Include:
- Repeatedly standing too close to or brushing up against a person;
- Several employees posting sexually explicit or demeaning jokes, pictures, cartoons, or other materials on an office bulletin board;
- Giving gifts or leaving objects that are sexually suggestive;
- An employee sending emails to coworkers that contain sexually explicit language and jokes;
- Repeatedly asking a person to socialize during off-duty hours when the person has previously declined;
- Constantly making sexually suggestive gestures; or
- Off-duty, unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that affects the work environment.
If you have been a victim of sexual intimidation in your workplace, contact our attorneys at DeToffol & Gittleman and our sexual harassment lawyers will work diligently with you to see that you do not continue to face intimidation in your workplace and that you are compensated for any injury you have suffered as a result of such harassment or discrimination. Call now to speak with one of our attorneys for free at (212) 962-2220.